Let's make your instrument more fun!
First, please read this (all of it):
- A credit card number is required to secure an appointment. The card will be charged if the appointment is missed. Appointments can be cancelled or rescheduled 2 days or more in advance. There is a link in your communication from Square Appointments to do this.
- You will receive email confirmation for your booking. It contains important info. Please read it.
- I will not accept instruments without a case or gig bag.
- If you bring a child into my space, you are responsible for their actions. Keep their hands off of anything and everything, unless my dog walks by. He is okay with kids petting him. Tools, instruments, parts, etc should not be touched. I specifically mention children in this rule, but it applies to adults as well.
- After a firsthand assessment of your instrument, I can provide a labor estimate. I do my best to stick to the estimate. It is not at all possible to provide an accurate assessment using photos or a verbal description.
- I don't commit to timelines, especially timelines set by anyone other than myself. Good work takes how long it takes.
- I do not provide estimates on the phone, unless quoting a job that has a standard rate listed on the Repair page.
- I require that you leave your instrument with me to be worked on. For example, you cannot check it in for repair, then bring it back in a week, all the while reserving your place in line. This policy helps me be as efficient as possible, and is fair to all clients.
- Any parts needed must be paid for in advance. In the case of special orders, this may require paying for shipping.
- For jobs estimated at $200 and above, a 50% down payment is required.
- All of my work is backed by a 90 day warranty. This includes setups, as they can change from season to season.
- Any instrument left in the shop for 30 days past the date of *completion* will become the property of Stahman Guitars. I'll be in touch with the owner of the guitar 3 times within that period, via phone and/or email, to encourage a timely pick up. The first communication will be made on the date of completion.
- Any instrument left in the shop for longer than 7 days beyond the date of *completion* will incur a $20 per day storage fee. I have very limited space, and cannot store your instrument as more arrive.