Need a repair? Here's the fine print:
At Stahman Guitars, I specialize in service and repair work on guitars and bass guitars - both acoustic and electric. I do not work on amplifiers, pedals, stereos, etc. Although it is not my main focus, I frequently repair non-guitar fretted instruments, such as banjo, mandolin, and ukulele.
- ***Updated COVID-19 policy: Instruments are exchanged in the doorway. Please wear a functional face covering. For estimates, you may wait in your car as I assess the instrument's needs.***
- A credit card number is required to secure an appointment. The card will be charged if the appointment is missed. Appointments can be rescheduled 2 days or more in advance.
- I only accept appointments during the times listed in my scheduling app. I've made a weekend day, Saturday, available to accommodate as many people as I can.
- I do not work on bowed instruments like violin, viola, cello, etc. Our area has great luthiers that specialize in those instruments. Please support them.
- After a firsthand assessment of your instrument, I can provide a labor estimate. I do my best to stick to the estimate. It is not at all possible to provide an accurate assessment using photos or a verbal description.
- I do not provide estimates on the phone, unless quoting a job that has a standard rate listed on the Repair page.
- I require that you leave your instrument with me to be worked on (for example, you cannot check it in for repair, then bring it back in a week, all the while reserving your place in line). This policy helps me be as efficient as possible, and is fair to all clients.
- Any parts needed must be paid for in advance. In the case of special orders, this may require paying for shipping.
- For jobs estimated at $100 and above, a 50% down payment is required.
- All of my work is backed by a 90 day warranty. This includes setups, as they can change from season to season.
- Any instrument left in the shop for 30 days past the date of *completion* will become the property of Stahman Guitars. I'll be in touch with the owner of the guitar 3 times within that period, via phone and/or email, to encourage a timely pick up. The first communication will be made on the date of completion.
- Any instrument left in the shop for longer than 7 days beyond the date of *completion* will incur a $20 per day storage fee. I have very limited space, and cannot store your instrument comfortably.