Interested in selling with us? Here's our fine print:
We're excited to help you move your gear! Before we begin our consignment relationship, here are a few things to know:
- We don't take in everything, because our space is limited. We also try to curate a very particular feel in the showroom.
- Consignment items must have a resale value of $400 or higher.
- Our consignment rate is 25%. While many shops sell at a 25% consignment, they don't do anything at all to the instrument before it hits the floor- no new strings, no setup adjustments- nothing. We put new strings on the instrument if needed, and make any setup adjustments needed, as well as clean it up. Our consignment fee includes up to one hour of labor from one of our in-house luthiers. We also advertise the instruments on our social media.
- We'll need to take a photo of your driver license or other valid ID.
- We pay you via check, one week after the item has sold.
- In order to prevent things from getting seriously weird, we ask that you don't put the item up for sale on Craigslist, Ebay, social media, or Reverb while we have it in our shop.
- For items listed above $1500 in-store, we will photograph and list on Reverb with an accurate description including important measurements like neck relief, 12th fret height, etc. We will take care of packaging, shipping, fees, etc.
- Anything added to our Reverb online shop will be listed at a higher price than in-store, to compensate for listing time, photography time, shipping expenses, packing, and Reverb fees. ***This higher price does not translate to a higher payout for the owner. This higher price is specifically to cover our additional labor, time, and expenses involved in online sales and shipping.***
- Instruments in the shop may have notes written on the tag describing work done, alterations, non-original parts, etc. so that buyers are fully aware of what they're purchasing. We love our sellers just as much as our buyers, and everyone deserves the best, most transparent experience possible.
- We try not to have any consignment items in the shop longer than six months. At that time, we may request removal of the item from the shop. If you happen to receive this request, please retrieve your item in a timely manner. We'll give you any advice we can regarding other avenues of sale, etc.